IBERO-AMERICAN DOCUMENTAL SOURCES
Instituto Nacional de Cultura. Archivo Histórico NacionalAddress: Jr. Camaná 125 con Pasaje Piura. Lima
Tel.: (00 511) 4275930
Registro de Inmigrantes
The origin of this series, issued by the Ministry of the Interior and National Police, is the Supreme Decree of 15 April
1922 which obliged all foreign nationals resident in Lima and in those provinces where there was a consul or consulate agent to register in order to take a census of foreign nationals. Likewise, through Law Decree 7000, of 30 January 1931, the Government forced all foreign nationals over the age of 16 to renew their registration.
The immigrant registration books are organised by country of origin, and Spanish nationals are registered in books 66 to 69, the first record being entered on 24 February 1922 and the last on 23 November 1933.
Other interesting documentary series for studying this subject include:
- Registro de ingresos y salidas de pasajeros en vapor (1926-1937) (Record of entries and departures by steamship)
- Censos de extranjeros (1940-1941) (Censuses of foreign nationals)
- Salvoconductos (1953-1956) (Safe-conducts)
- Registros de inmigrantes de la Prefectura del Callao (1953-1956) (Record of immigrants from the Prefecture of Callao)
- Movimiento de vapores (1924-1933) (Movements by steamship)
- Padrón de extranjeros (1940-1960) (Register of foreign nationals)