Corporate Body - Cartuja de Nuestra Señora de la Asunción de Granada (España)

Cartuja de Nuestra Señora de la Asunción de Granada (España)

Identification

Type:

Corporate Body

Preferred form:

Cartuja de Nuestra Señora de la Asunción de Granada (España)Other forms

Fechas de Existencia:

from 1513 to 1835

History:

In 1513, the Great Captain Gonzalo Fernández de Córdoba and his wife gave to the monastery two orchards called "Alcudia de Ainadamar" and "Alcudia de los Abencerrajes". They were located at the foot of La Golilla. In 1516, the friars abandoned the orchards because they were rugged terrains and the monks did not feel safe. So, work was reinitiated that same year. The monastery developed one great building, whose temple, sacristy and sanctuary stood out. The sanctuary was made by Francisco Hurtado Izquierdo. The Charterhouse of Granada brought a great number of terrains together for the agricultural holding on which the monastery depended. To do this, it was necessary for them to create a series of infrastructures like warehouses, etc. In 1835, the convent was closed for good due to the decrees of secularization introduced by Mendizábal.

Mandates/Legal Sources

Description:

Real Decreto de 25 de julio de 1835 suprimiendo los monasterios y conventos de religiosos que no tengan 12 individuos profesos, de los cuales las dos terceras partes a lo menos sean de coro. BOE núm. 211, de 29 de julio de 1835, páginas 841 a 842.

Real Decreto de 11 de octubre de 1835 suprimiendo los monacales. BOE núm. 292, de 14 de octubre de 1835, página 1157.

Related Authorities

Carthusians  ( He/She is a member of )

Associative relations :

External Links

Obras publicadas:

VIAF

Fichero de Autoridades:

Cat¿logo autoridades SUDOC