Francesc Ramos i Molins
Person - Ramos Molins, Francesc (1910-1983)

Ramos Molins, Francesc (1910-1983)




Preferred form:

Ramos Molins, Francesc (1910-1983)Alternative forms (other languages) Other forms

Dates of existence/Biographical dates:

Alicante (España)  1910-08-19 - Barcelona (España)  1983-12-28


Spanish mechanical engineer and politician. In 1929 he was studying engineering in Barcelona ​​when he participated in the creation of the Federación Universitaria Escolar (FUE/University College Federation). The following year he joined the Juventudes Socialistas de España (JSE/Socialist Youth of Spain) and later, in 1932, the Socialist Association of Barcelona. In January 1931 he was arrested in the course of an anarchist revolt. He obtained the title of pilot of aviation in October 1933. He participated in the October 1934 revolution, being arrested and imprisoned in the hold of the ship 'Uruguay', together with the president of the Generalitat Luis Companys and his government. On 6 January 1935 he got probation. He participated, along with López Raimundo, in the edition of the newspaper Iskra, a clandestine organ of Juventudes Socialistas of Barcelona. In 1936 he joined the Catalan Federation of Partido Socialista Obrero Español (PSOE/Spanish Socialist Worker's Party) into the newly constituted Partido Socialista Unificado de Cataluña (PSUC/Unified Socialist Party of Catalonia). When the coup of 18 July 1936 took place, he was wounded in the barracks of Atarazanas during the fighting to quell the uprising. When he recovered, he joined the Karl Marx Division, fighting on the Aragon Front. Later he entered the Escuela Popular of the Military Staff, leaving it in March 1938 as commander. He was appointed as chief of staff of the XVIII Army Corps.

At the end of the Spanish Civil War Ramos Molins went into exile in France. There, he was imprisioned in the concentration camp of Saint Cyprien, where he moved to the USSR accompanying the PSUC Secretary‑General, Juan Comorera, claimed in Moscow by the Communist International. In August 1939 he was a teacher at Odessa's number two children's house, from which he was evacuated to Saratov and the Caucasus during the Second World War. In 1944 he started working in Tbilisi, going through several factories until in 1946, when he arrived in Jimki, outside of Moscow. He and other Spanish exiles tried to leave the USSR through the Mexican embassy. His dissatisfaction with the USSR caused him the expulsion of the PSUC, due to accusations of dissent and treason. In 1948 he was arrested accused of participating in the attempt to leave the country of two Spanish companions in the trunks of two Argentine diplomats. He was sent to the KGB prison, where he remained for six months, until in July he was sentenced to 10 years of imprisonment and forced labour. He fulfilled them in the Potma field and finally in the Institute of Operative Technique in Moscow. He was released in the spring of 1956 and he was authorized to leave the USSR. He left on the 5th expedition of the Krym ship, which arrived in Barcelona on 22 January 1957.

In 1960, after years of unsuccessful search for employment, he joined the company Bernaldo Blanch EA, where José María Triginer was also working at the time. In 1962 he joined the PSOE Catalan Socialist Federation. After the Franco's death he was a member of the PSOE National Committee and was he part of the Liaison Committee of PSOE and PSC‑Congrés that culminated in the formation of a unitary candidacy 'Socialists for Catalonia' for the first general elections of democracy held in June of 1977. In July of 1978 it concluded with the constitution of the Partit dels Socialistes de Catalunya (PSC-PSOE). He was elected member of its National Council. In 1977 he worked as technical director of an Italian firm of heavy machinery manufacturing. He was deputy for Barcelona in the 1977 elections with the PSC-PSOE and he joined the Grupo Parlamentario Socialistes de Catalunya (GSC/Parliamentary Socialist Group of Catalonia). He repeated his seat in 1979 (GSC) and in 1982 (Grupo Parlamentario Socialista in Congress). He returned to the Soviet Union twice, in December 1977 accompanying Felipe González, Alfonso Guerra and Miguel Boyer, and in 1979 as PSOE representative in the celebrations of the 60th anniversary of the Soviet State. He died in Barcelona on 28 December 1983, being replaced by Barcelona Javier Soto Cortés.

Cortes Constituyentes, 1977-1979

Date of the event: 1977-07-13 - 1979-01-02

Spanish Civil War, 1936-1939

Date of the event: 1936 - 1939



(Function) He/She carries out/ perform:

Legislators in  Madrid (España) between 1977 and 1986



Profession (carried on by):

Ingenieros mecánicos


Place of arrival:

France between 1939 and 1939


Union of Soviet Socialist Republics between 1939 and 1956

Lugar de Nacimiento:

Alicante (España) in 1910-08-19

Lugar de Defunción:

Barcelona (España) in 1983-12-28


He/She is a:




He/She is a:



Menéndez, Manuel Ángel. Fontes, Ignacio. Quién es quién: sus señorías los diputados : atlas de la democracia parlamentaria española. Manuel Ángel Menéndez Gijón, Ignacio Fontes. Tres Cantos (Madrid): Foca. 931 p.. 84-95440-25-3.

Related Authorities

Comorera Soler, Juan (1894-1958)  ( He/She is friend with )

Associative relations :

López Raimundo, Gregorio (1914-2007)  ( He/She is friend with )

Partido Socialista Obrero Español  ( He/She is a member of )

Partit Socialista Unificat de Catalunya  ( He/She is a member of )

Triginer Fernández, Josep Maria (1943-)  ( He/She is friend with )


Producer of:

  • No Units of Description associated.

Related documents:

  • No Units of Description associated.